Walt Disney are hiring Stereo Artists with the desire to work with the company who started the 3D Renaissance and is continuing to push the envelope of the Stereoscopic medium. The Stereo Department is challenged to create the most immersive and watchable stereo shots for the newest stories in production now and also to convert the classic titles for 3D re-release.
The ideal candidate has great sense of cinematography, is a stereo fan and has a passion for visual story telling.
Is binocular vision one of your super powers? Retinal rivalry your arch nemesis? Can you balance a parallax budget? Are 3D glasses your must have accessory? Do you dream of reaching millions around the globe with great stories and visuals? Or maybe just like free tickets to Disneyland?
If you answered yes to more than a few of these questions, please create a profile and submit your reel!
- Work directly with Stereo Supervisor, Layout Supervisor, Director of Look and Lighting and directors to create immersive and comfortable 3D images in support of the story.
- Responsible for creation, delivery and notes on 3D end to end
- Bachelors degree in Art, Film, Illustration, Computer Graphics, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience desired
- Exceptional artistic and technical skills
- Previous production experience on Stereoscopic feature films, Stereoscopic animated film experience preferred
- Experience working in collaborative environments and taking direction
- Solid understanding of the Stereoscopic principles
- Knowledge of rendering and compositing
- Strong problem solving ability
- Solid understanding of Maya, Nuke and comfort with Linux environments
- Experience in Layout a plus
- Experience in Lighting a plus
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.